Show Me Your Space
These next few steps will help me get a better idea of your design style and personality to start creating your design. Be sure to complete all steps on this page, as the more complete everything is, the more complete of an initial design I will be able to give to you. Don't hesitate to contact me should you need some assistance with anything.
1. Room Details
Room Photos and a floor plan of your space are a helpful reference guide for me. Please use the following guidelides and photo examples to send me a quick over view of the space I will be working on. This is a great time to send inspiration photos to me as well if you don't have a Pinterest Board. Photos, floor plans, inspiration photos can be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Guidelines & Tips
- Take photos of all walls in your space as well as the space as a whole
- Take photos from all angles of the room
- Photograph details of your space
- Photograph doors, windows, and hallways that connect to the space
- Photograph the ceiling and any important details pertaining to lighting, ceiling fans and changes in ceiling height.
- Photograph any furniture peices to be kept in the design
- If possible, take photos during the daytime (this allows me to see what light there is to work with during the day)
Floor plan guidelines & tips
- If you have a floor plan from your builder or your original home plans- that's a great place to start. Double check all dimensions.
- If you don't have access to a floorplan of your space, quickly sketch out a floorplan (you don't have to go overboard with this)
- Write notes and labels that would help further clarify floor plan.
How to Take measurements
- Measure all walls from corner to corner
- Measure all structural elements on walls (door, window, hallway, built-in, etc)
- Other important features to note on your floor plan;
- Electrical Outlets
- Moulding and Wainscotting
- Lighting fixtures
- Ceiling Height
- Double check your dimensions to make sure they add up!
Below are examples of room photos that show the overall space as well as all important details of the room.
2. Room Profile
If you have purchased more than one room package, please complete another Room Profile for each remaining room. This helps me get a better idea of your personality and design style.